Privacy statement according to Art. 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (information requirements)
1. Name and contact details of the body responsible for data processing as well as of the company’s data protection officer
This information on data protection holds for data processing carried out by:
Meyerthole Siems Kohlruss Gesellschaft für aktuarielle Beratung mbH
50674 Köln/Cologne Germany
Phone: +49 (0)221 42053-0
2. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
Upon visiting our website www.aktuare.de the browser of your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called logfile. The following pieces of information will be gathered without any action on your part, and stored until their automatic deletion.
- IP address of the computer submitting a query
- date and time of the visit
- name and URL of the visited file
- website from which the access occured
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a trouble-free connection to the website
- to ensure a comfortable visit of our website
- to evaluate the security and stability of the system and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis of the processing of data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our justified interest is derived from the purposes listed above concerning data collection. We never use the collected data in order to draw conclusions on your person.
b) When subscribing to our newsletter
If you have expressly agreed according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your e-mail address for the purpose of regularly sending you our newsletter. Supplying the e-mail address is sufficient for receiving the newsletter. It is possible at any time to unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to
c) When using our contact form
For queries of any kind we offer you to get in touch with us via a contact form on this website. This requires giving a valid e-mail address for us to know who the sender is so we can reply to the mail.
The legal basis of the processing of data for the purpose of getting in touch with us occurs according to Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data that is collected via the contact form will be deleted automatically after executing your query.
3. Disclosure of data
There is no disclosure of your personal data to third parties and likewise no use that exceeds the execution of your query.
Furthermore we use temporary cookies in order to optimize the usability. These cookies are stored on your device for a certain, defined period of time. When you return to our site in order to use our services, you will automatically be recognised as a former visitor. Inputs and settings that have been carried out previously need not be repeated.
Cookies are accepted automatically by most browsers. However you may change the configuration of your browser with the effect that either no cookies are saved on your computer at all or that an indication is given every time a new cookie is created.
5. Rights of persons affected
You have the right
- according to Art. 15 GDPR of disclosure of your personal data that is processed by us. In particular you can request a disclosure of the purpose of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients whom the data is or will be disclosed to, the planned period of timing of saving the data; of whether there is a right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or appeal; of whether there is a right of appeal; of the origin of your data as far as it was not gathered by us; as well as of the existence of an automated decision process including profiling and, if applicable, relevant information on details;
- according to Art. 16 GDPR to immediately demand the correction of wrong personal data or the completion of personal data that we have saved;
- according to Art. 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of personal data that we have saved as far as the processing is not necessary for carrying out the right of free expression of opinion and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR to demand to restrict the processing of personal data as far as you deny the correctness of the data, the processing is illegal, but you decline their deletion and we no longer need the data with you needing it in order to enforce, carry out or defend legal claims or you have entered an objection to the processing;
- according to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data that you supplied us in a structured, usual and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another responsible person;
- according to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR to withdraw the consent that you have given us at any time. As a consequence we will no longer be allowed to carry out the processing that depended on this consent and
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to complain at the supervisory authorities that are responsible for us: Commissioner of Data Protection and Freedom of Information North Rhine-Westphalia/Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen, Postfach 20 04 44, 40102 Düsseldorf.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the grounds of justified interest according to Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right according to Art. 21 GDPR to enter an objection against the processing of your personal data as far as there are reasons that result from your particular situation or in case the objection relates to direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection that will be realized by us without any indication of a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail at
7. Data security
As part of our consulting service, we offer a certified data security that you can rely on. We guarantee that we do not pass on your data to third parties – it is only used for the administration of your access and of the e-mail-list.
As a qualified external processor in line with Art. 28 GDPR we also process your data within data pools – an outstanding challenge concering the quality and the security of our IT.
Our safety management system is certified according to ISO IEC 27001.
On the backdrop of escalating losses of data and system failures caused by attacks on IT infrastructures of companies, a reliable security standard becomes even more important. IT security and data protection are core elements for confidence building with clients and cooperation partners. They are a cornerstone for the ability to compete.
Both the IT which plays a central role in execution of business transactions and the use of global network structures for data communication demand a wholistic Information Security Management System (ISMS) that minimizes risks for systems and data.
According to the international norm ISO/IEC 27001 the criteria of ISMS are reviewed and evaluated concerning their complexity. A successful review according to ISO/IEC 27001 assigns the company:
- confidentiality, integrity and availability of the processed information
- effective execution of the statements of the company’s declaration of data protection
- effective protection of personal data according to GDPR and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-neu)
- effective protection of the technical systems against unauthorised use (both internal and external).
ISO 27001 certificate
Since 2011 the Information Security Management System of Meyerthole Siems Kohlruss has been certified according to ISO 27001 (Dekra). A review is carried out on a regular basis.
- Safe data transfer on the extranet:
security with SSL: You use an encrypted connection to our certified server https://extranet.aktuare.de.
- Safe e-mail communication:
PGP data key
8. Social media and links to other websites (external links)
In addition to this website we also maintain sites in various social networks that you can access via links on our website. If you visit such site, personal data may be transmitted to the provider of the social media plattform. It is possible that – in addition to the storage of data that you provided actively to the plattform – further information is processed by the providers of the social network.
Furthermore the provider of the social network processes, if applicable, the most important data of the computer system from which you access the network – for instance your IP address, the used processor type and the browser version including plug-ins.
If – during a visit of such social network site – you are logged into your private account of the network, the network can match your visit to this account.
Information on the purpose and the extent of the data collection by the respective medium as well as the further processing of your data there and your rights can be found in the provisions of the respective responsible, for instance at:
- Xing: https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Furthermore we point out that our website contains further links to external websites; our company has no influence on the processing of your data on such external websites.
9. List of service providers
The following service providers supply - on behalf of MSK on the basis of article 28 of GDPR - services which make it necessary to enquire and process personal data.
1. Contractor: DOM, Main Area: Provision of server environments for the operation of web servers, mail servers and the extranet including maintenance, backup and updates of the operating system.
2. Contractor: HRMC, Main Area: Support for IT and telephone systems, in particular maintenance and extension of the existing system, conception, technical support of the staff (system administration). Support in developing individual software for customers.
The following service provider also supplies services for MSK, but the processing of personal data does not play a key role here. Moreover the contractor is only occasionally active for MSK.
Contractor: Tax consultancy BHS Bähner & Hardes, Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH, Cologne, Main Area: Financial and payroll accounting, annual accounts.
10. Topicality and amendments of this privacy statement
This privacy statement is currently valid. It is dated from March 2019.
By a further development of our website and offers related to it or by legal or official requirements it may necessary to change this privacy statement. The current privacy statement can be visited and printed out at any at www.aktuare.de.