LoReTo - Loss Reserving Tool
The assessment of loss reserves is a core assignment of actuaries. Following the introduction of Solvency II in January 2016, the importance and complexity of this task have increased enormously.
LoReTo (Loss Reserving Tool) enables primary insurers to analyse and assess their loss reserves using a proportional software approach. The system is based entirely on Excel™, offers intuitive use and high transparency in the analysis of the reserve quality. At the same time a broad variety of possible operations meet the demands of the new regulatory regime.
- Intuitive use and process-oriented structure
- Parallel analysis of payment and expenses triangles
- Assessment of the quality of reserves with modern actuarial processes (Chain Ladder, Additive Chain-Ladder, Bornhuetter-Ferguson, Cape Cod)
- Flexible modelling of trailing for Longtail-Sections using a process of regression (Exponential, Weibull, power, Inv. Power)
- Stochastic reservation using a distribution approach (via Mack Standard error)
- Determination of discounted reservations of expected value and future cash-flows according to requirements of the Solvency II standard model
- Option oft connection to intern processes such as the determination of the margin of risk